ACADEMIC CHALLENGE: YOUNG SCIENTIST WEEK
March 26-30, 2018: CHE PTA Curriculum Enhancement Program
March 27, 2018: Science Fair & S.T.E.M. Night
6 p.m. – 8 p.m. C.H.E. Multi-Purpose Room
The Science Fair and S.T.E.M. Night will be held on Tuesday evening of Science Week. This family event is a perennial favorite at Clyde Hill. In addition to viewing students’ project boards, there are many demonstrators and hands-on activities! This year we will also have 2 food trucks to feed our hungry scientists and their family members. This event will be catered by Crisp Creperie and Incredibowls. Come support our young scientists and enjoy dinner with CHE’s community. We look forward to seeing you there!
Registration for Science Fair CLOSES on Friday, March 9
PRESENTATION BOARD COST IS $5 AND WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PICK-UP BY THE FRONT OFFICE FROM 2:15-3:00 ON THURSDAYS, MARCH 1, 8, 15.
ACADEMIC CHALLENGE/SCIENCE FAIR PROJECT
In addition to the week’s events, students are eligible to earn an Academic Challenge credit and a participation medal with completion of an inquiry-based science project for display at the Science Fair. In this challenge, the student uses the scientific method (question, hypothesis, experiment, results, conclusion) to complete an age-appropriate experiment. The inquiry process is then detailed with photos and explanations which are mounted on a display board (included with registration). Time permitting, students will present their projects to their class during YSW, plus each board will be on display at the Science Fair.
VOLUNTEERING FOR THE SCIENCE FAIR
Please go to http://www.signupgenius.com/g
Volunteers are needed to help with the following:
- Set up chairs and tables
- On the evening of the event, volunteers are needed to check in Young Scientists and help with crowd control. These volunteer time slots will be short so everyone can also enjoy the Science Fair.
- Assistance with clean up
Steps for Student Registration:
- To participate in the Science Fair, register at http://clydehillpta.org/ind
- Start thinking about your experiment! Need help? See examples in the attached YSW Handbook, also available on the PTA website
- Complete your experiment and detail it on the presentation board.
- Bring your board to school for the classroom presentation, then leave it at school to be transported and set-up in the gym on Wednesday of Young Scientist Week
- Attend the YSW Science Fair and demonstrate/discuss your project.
- Photograph your exhibit and complete the Young Scientist Week Project submission form (if you are completing the Academic Challenge).
PROJECTS ARE DUE MONDAY, MARCH 26TH
Science Fair 2017 will not only display Clyde Hill students’ Science Projects, but also provide information and activities regarding the new STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) curriculum at CHE. Come and participate in fun and engaging STEM activities for the entire family, while learning more about computer coding available for students through our after school robotics program.
More Upcoming Events
BECOME A PTA MEMBER
BECOME A PTA MEMBER.
GET BENEFITS & PTA DISCOUNT
Clyde Hill PTA Newsletter
KEEP OUR SCHOOL GREAT BY SUPPORTING OUR ANNUAL FUND