ACADEMIC CHALLENGE: HERITAGE FESTIVAL
CHE PTA Curriculum Enhancement Program & Event
Wednesday February 8, 2017, 6-8 PM, In The Multipurpose Room
You and your family are cordially invited!
This is one of Clyde Hill’s biggest events with 400+ attendees! This year’s cultural celebration includes a potluck dinner, entertainment, plus fun activities provided by our multilingual communities. Also dress up in your cultural attire
THIS EVENING OF FUN INCLUDES:
Join the cultural celebration by bringing a nut-free dish (12 – 14 servings) to share.
If your student(s) has prepared a presentation board, please bring it to school on Wednesday morning. Students can take the board home after the event. Have your student(s) “dress up” is another way to share your heritage and culture.
Check out arts and crafts activities provided by our Clyde Hill Chinese, Hispanic, Indian, and Japanese families for students of all ages to enjoy.
We look forward to a night of cultural discoveries with you!
The Heritage Festival Committee
*Parents, please bring a special dish to share for 12 – 14 people, with serving utensils. Note cards will be provided at entrance to list main ingredients in case of food allergies. No nuts, please! *
***As with any events, we couldn’t do it without the wonderful volunteers. Please sign up to help for any before/during/after activities when you register for your student.***
As part of the Academic Challenge, students may participate by:
- Create a presentation board that details interesting information about your culture or country, or
- Perform a short 3 minute dance or song that is representative of your culture, see below for details.
For questions and additional information, please contact acchallenge @clydehillpta.org
We hope to see you there!
Heritage Festival Committee.
Academic Challenge: Heritage Festival
STEPS TO PARTICIPATE:
For Presentation boards
Complete the online Heritage Festival Registration, “REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED FOR THE ACADEMIC PORTION. YOU CAN STILL JOIN US AT THE HERITAGE FESTIVAL AND PARTICIPATE IN THE POTLUCK WITHOUT REGISTRATION.”
Students should spend a minimum of 4 hours of work designing, researching, and creating their presentation board. Make it personal! Use photos from your travel, share what is your favorite part about your culture, share why this is important to you! You may do the display with a friend, with maximum two participants per presentation board.
Label your board complete with your name, grade level, class room number, teacher name on the outside panel.
Bring the completed board to school BEFORE Wednesday, FEBRUARY 8, 2017 to class.
Complete the online Heritage Festival Registration, see button on the right. Complete the online Heritage Festival Registration, see button on the right.
- Complete the online Heritage Festival Registration on the right. Due Date: As soon as possible. (Deadline 1/16/17).
- Organize a 3 minutes or less performance routine of cultural interest. Due Date: Ongoing
- Performance audition: Exact time will be confirmed individually. *The performance cannot exceed 3 minutes*. Submit your music in MP3 format with your name, teacher’s name and grade, and some background about your performance.
- Heritage Festival on the day, Due Date: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 6:00pm – 7:30pm.
- Be prepared to be on-stage at your appointed time (to be assigned as the event draws closer).
- Take a photo of your presentation and submit it online to the firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions regarding Academic Challenge can be sent to the Academic Chair Dipti Shaholia and Trang Bodtke @ email@example.com