MULTI-LINGUAL COFFEES WITH OUR PRINCIPAL
Come join our principal, Mary Olin, and our PTA President, to discuss several topics related to the start of the school year. This is also a great time to ask any questions you may have. We will have translators for Chinese, Korean and Japanese.
Our meetings are typically held in the Library, next to the office, and last about an hour.
We look forward to meeting you! The following meetings are scheduled to take place in the Clyde Hill Elementary Library from 8:05 a.m. – 9:05 a.m.:
- MONDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2016 THIS MEETING WILL FOCUS ON THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEARNERS (ELL) PROGRAM.
- What is the Bellevue School District’s ELL Model?
- The Bellevue Schools Instructional Initiatives, Mission, and how it relates to ELL students;Research on learning a language;
- Understanding your child’s progress in the ELL program
- ELL Assessments;
- The school’s expectations for students and parents;
- Opportunities for parents and students; and,
- Strategies for helping your children at home.
- MONDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 2016 B.S.D. GIFTED PROGRAM
We invited an officer from Bellevue School District’s Gifted Program to speak specifically about the program and provide more detailed information about the gifted program. It will help parents understand what the program looks like and make decisions about accessing gifted services.