A NATIONAL AND WASHINGTON STATE PTA ARTS PROGRAM
2016 REFLECTIONS THEME: “WHAT IS YOUR STORY?”
To get involved, students submit an original piece, inspired by the annual theme, for their school’s Reflections Program in any of following arts areas:
- Film/Video Production – short film, documentary and more
- Literature – writing, poetry, opinions, short stories
- Dance Choreography – original dance that you create and record
- Music Composition – original score with or without lyrics
- Photography – go wild with your camera
- Visual Arts – paintings, collages, drawings, wood, clay, metal, computer graphics, fiber, etc.
If you plan to submit a Reflections project, please complete the following:
2. Please remember that in order to receive the Academic Challenge Principal’s Award, students must complete a Reflections project. The Reflections projects are due on or before the end of the school day Tuesday, November 8th, and late submissions will not qualify for the Principal’s Award. Turn in your artwork with the Official Entry Form attached to the PTA office (look for the red bin). We cannot accept entries after this date.
This year’s participation awards:
Receive a special Reflections Recognition Ribbon
Chance to advance to state and national level to win the scholarship (for more details see the Reflections website)
New this year! Reflections entries will be featured at Clyde Hill’s Reflections Art Showcase where students and families can view the art and vote on their favorites. Prizes will be awarded at a future date.
If you are completing a Reflections Project as part of the six Academic Challenges for the year (in order to receive an award), you must also complete and submit the Academic Challenge “Final Submission Form” either:
- To your teacher (who will forward it to the Academic Challenge box in the office); or,
- Insert it in the Academic Challenge Binder that will be submitted in April.